We demand that we can use our high potential in a meaningful way in accordance with the human rights conventions signed / acceded to by Austria through freely chosen work that is appropriate to our qualifications and experience and decently paid work1! A highly developed country like Austria cannot in the long run waste and destroy the potential of its older employees through senseless transit jobs on the “second job market”!
Short term, concerning the "second job market":
- Abolition of sanctions that violate human rights! Voluntary participation after having been given comprehensive information is the simplest quality assurance. This ensures that only those for whom SÖBs and GBPs really benefit, take part in these expensive measures. Research shows that the benefit of SÖBs and GBPs lies more in soft factors such as performing what appears to be sensible activity, strengthening self-confidence, building social contacts, etc., which can only develop its full effect on the basis of voluntariness. Sanctions also have massive effects on those affected!
- No special rights zone of the "second labor market" in which workers' rights are weakened: transit workers regulation only as a minimum standard instead of a pretext for circumventing regular industry collective agreements. No transfer of personal data from the employment relationship to the AMS! AMS does not specify who is to be accepted by the SÖB / GBP. No employment contracts and the associated regulations that restrict workers' rights!
- Independent representation of the unemployed, own unemployment works council for people in work projects. Financing as with the umbrella organization of the SÖBs / GBPs: 1% of the funding for active labor market policy.
- Strict separation of the employment relationship and voluntary additional support. No data is passed on to the AMS from this support!
- Put an end to the deficiency orientation and pathologization of the unemployed. Fighting the causes of unemployment in the economic system that caused it, instead of further humiliating the people "sorted out" by the economy in a perpetrator-victim reversal. Put an end to the activation ideology that makes people even sicker and broken in circles of alleged "chains of integration" enforced by force!
Related to general labor polic
Democratization of unemployment and unemployment policy: Put an end to the undemocratic labor market policy negotiated behind closed doors by professional officials, which sees people only as passive objects that have to be adapted to the competitive demands of an undemocratic economy. Instead, develop a democratic employment policy in accordance with ILO 122 to implement the human right to freely chosen, full and productive work together with an independent unemployment representative!
Gradual reduction of the weekly working time to 25 hours, simultaneous gradual introduction of an unconditional basic income. Free and the needs of the people - especially those stigmatized as “uneducated”! - Adapted educational offerings and social services as “Social Commons”.
Adapt working conditions in business to people and expand their say! Making companies responsible for health prevention and anti-discrimination!
Promotion of solidarity-based economy as a step towards the democratization of the entire economy, instead of expensive, paternalistic SÖBs / GBPs simulating pseudo-activation from above. Empowerment from below through self-determined work in the further development of Aktion 8000 and the experimental work policy of the 80s.
1 "Right to freely chosen work", abolition of forced labor:
* UN Declaration of Human Rights 1948, Article 23 [BGBl 120/1956]
* International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, Article 6 [BGBl 590/1978]
* European Social Charter [BGBl 1969/460]
* European Charter of Fundamental Rights, Article 14 [Official Journal of the EU No. C 130]
* ILO Convention 122 [BGBl 1972/355], ILO Convention 39, ILO Convention 105, ILO Recommendation 202